InfoDEN Pty Ltd
-- 2002 --
JULY - InfoDEN receives federal government COMET grant.
revolutionary telephone call costing engine receives a commercialisation
grant from the Australian Federal Government. In July 2002,
AusIndustry, approved InfoDEN's application for a COMET grant to
facilitate the commercialisation of InfoDEN's technologically advanced telephone call costing engine .
call costing engine, currently used in InfoDEN's PABX
Call Logger , is fast, compact, configurable and is capable of being integrated into third party applications across multiple platforms. The costing engines features include:
- SPEED - The costing engine can process 100,000 calls in less than 2 seconds.
- SIZE - The size of the costing engine is only 341KB including telephone numbering plan and one carrier’s rates. Each additional carrier rate table adds an extra 4KB to the application. Therefore, adding the costing engine to an application does not diminish the ability to distribute that product via the Internet. The costing engine can also run on Windows CE handheld PDA devices.
- GENERIC RATE TABLES - The costing engine uses a single set of costing tables to calculate call costs for every charging zone throughout Australia. Therefore a single version of any product using the costing engine can be distributed to every region in Australia without the need for site specific table customisation. This also simplifies rate updating as one set of files can be distributed to all customers.
- RATE VALIDITY - Each carrier rate table can have multiple rates running across different date ranges. I.e. the ability to include rate expiry dates allows rate changes and specials to be applied accurately.
- HTML CONVERTER - A Universal Converter has been developed to automatically extract the National Numbering Plan details contained in various soft copy formats and convert it into C++ code. This is an efficient means of maintaining the numbering plan tables and allows updates to be implemented quickly and reliably.
- FILE STRUCTURE - The costing engine does not use a conventional database to store costing related information. All costing parameters are stored in InfoDEN’s proprietary file types thereby eliminating the processing overhead imposed by database applications.
- NETWORKABILITY - The costing engine can be run in a distributed environment. It can service clients on many machines across a network as it is developed using the Component Object Model (COM) interface specifications.
- PLATFORMS - The costing engine has been written using the C++ programming language and can be compiled to run on multiple platforms including Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP, Windows CE, MAC OSX, Unix and Linux.
For more information about the Call Costing Engine please contact our Sales Manager.